Our Services

Neurophysiology Lab

Our Neurophysiology Lab is directed by a certified/registered nerve conduction study technologist (R.NCS.T and CNCT) with the American Association of Electrodiagnostic Technologists and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Dr. Gheorghiu, who is board certified in Neuromuscular Medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.  They each have over 20 years of experience in this field, which have been spent almost entirely in the Spartanburg area.
 
Procedures Preformed:
 

EMG/NCV studies (Electromyography and Nerve Conduction) are used to diagnose peripheral nerve and muscle disorders, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, radiculopathy (nerve root impingement), Guillain Barre syndrome and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP), ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) and other motor neuron disorders, myopathy (muscle disorders), Myasthenia Gravis and others.

EEG (Electroencephalography) uses brain wave recording (like an EKG for the brain) to diagnose all types of seizure disorders, and also encephalopathies (illnesses in which the brain is not fully functional).

Autonomic testing employs a tilt table to diagnose orthostatic hypotension, neurocardiogenic dysfunction and other disorders related to vagus nerve dysfunction.

Vascular Lab

We are well equipped to assist you with all vascular examinations. Our Vascular Lab is certified by the Intersocietal commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories in extracranial/intracranial cerebrovascular testing. Our ultrasound technologist has over 20 years of experience working in medical imaging and she is registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Dr. Bogdan Gheorghiu is the medical director of the vascular lab. He is board certified by the American Society of Neuroimaging-Neurovascular Ultrasound which certifies his expertise in reading ultrasound studies. All vascular test results are available within 24 hours of examination.  A stroke or "brain attack" is caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain (ischemic stroke) or by a ruptured intracranial blood vessel (intracranial hemorrhage). Approximately 80% of all known strokes are ischemic and the remaining 20% are hemorrhagic. It is believed that extracranial carotid artery disease may be responsible for ischemic strokes. Therefore, carotid ultrasound becomes an important imaging modality to identify diseases that may be the potential cause of a stroke. 
 
Procedures Preformed:
 

Carotid Doppler A test that evaluates a patient's right and left carotid arteries to determine if there are any blockages in these vessels

Transcranial Doppler A test that evaluates the arteries in the center of the brain to determine if there are any blockages in these vessels

Arterial Doppler A test to check the circulation through the arteries in the arms or legs

Venous Doppler  A test to check the veins in the arms or legs to evaluate for any blood clots

Echocardiogram  An ultrasound of the heart to check for any abnormalities with the heart's chambers, valves, walls and the blood vessels.

Memory Clinic

Click here to learn more about our Memory Clinic.