The Neuroscience Research Associates at BG Neurology bring advanced treatment options for a variety of neurologic disorders and strive to meet the needs of our community and goals of our sponsors. Dr. Bogdan Gheorghiu and the Neuroscience Research Associates offer our clinical trial participants access to quality health care with the finest equipment and highly trained, dedicated staff.
We are currently enrolling participants with the following diagnoses:
- Dementia with agitation and/or psychosis
- Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Genetic Markers for Alzheimer's prevention
Our past research indications include:
- Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
- Elevated Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol
- Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Migraine
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Neurovascular Disease
What is a clinical trial?
A clinical trail is a scientifically controlled study of the safety and effectiveness of a therapeutic agent (such as a drug or vaccine) using consenting participants.
What does this mean?
Participants in clinical trails are crucial to the development of new treatments. At BG Neurology, our certified clinical research staff follow strict guidelines and protocols designed by study sponsors to ensure participant safety. We collaborate with our participants to provide quality data for our sponsors so that modern, advanced medications can be offered to patients.
What is involved in a clinical trial?
The first and most important step in participating in a clinical trial is "informed consent". An informed consent form is given to each and every participant to thoroughly explain all aspects of the clinical trial including the following:
- The goals of the clinical trial
- The medication being studied and any known side effects
- Participant responsibilities and obligations
- The schedule of visits and assessments to be preformed
- The length of the clinical trial
- Compensation that may be offered to participants for time and travel
Our site offers a dedicated, goal oriented team led by an ivy league, board certified neurologist. We collaborate with our sponsors and CRO's to offer quality data with quick turn-around to meet the necessary time lines. Our recruitment goals are met by our database of over 80,000 patients and a dedicated network of local referring providers. As a private facility we also have the ability to work with central IRB's. At BG Neurology, we and offer all participants and sponsors:
- Experienced Sub-Investigators
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinators
- Dedicated monitoring space
- Secured Wi-Fi connection
- Conference area
- Secure and temperature controlled IP storage
- Two procedure rooms
- Comfortable environment for extensive monitoring including: recliners, TV, music, literature, educational materials
- Quiet room
- IV Infusion room
- Four examination rooms
- Calibrated equipment including: scale and stadiometer, ECG, refrigerated and ambient centrifuges, -20°C and -70°C freezers
- Emergency equipment and medications
Bogdan Gheorghiu, MD - Principal Investigator
Roxanne Singer-Gheorghiu, APRN, CCRC - Director of Research, Investigator
Neuroscience Research Associates at BG Neurology has used a collaborative approach in securing partners in the upstate who share united beliefs of respect and dedication to improve patient care through access to ethical clinical research. This continued commitment to solid partnerships assists in providing superior outcomes for clinical trials while providing the best possible medical care to our clinical trial volunteers.